Over 60 different visas and programs offered by Canada vary in the qualifications needed to apply. Certain visas and programs are also only available to certain provinces and territories within Canada, for example, the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.

There are a few different Canadian visas that our teams specialize in :

  • Express Entry – The new Canadian immigration system is designed to select skilled workers for immigration to Canada. It includes the following programs:
    • Federal Skilled Worker Visa (FSW) – The most sought-after program, as the Canadian government is hoping to attract qualified foreign workers.
    • Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) – A program for those who want to become permanent residents based on being qualified in a skilled trade.
    • Canadian Experience Class Visa (CEC) – Temporary workers or students of foreign nationality who have lived and worked in Canada for some time, who have a good understanding of English or French, who have the required occupational skills and knowledge of Canadian society, may apply for a permanent resident visa through this program.
  • Provincial Nomination Programs (PNP) – To promote workers in required occupations across all of the Canadian provinces in Canada.
  • Student Visa – This allows you to study and work in Canada legally, and in some cases, to be able to stay and work for up to three additional years after graduation.
  • Quebec Skilled Workers Program – Conducted through the Quebec province, hoping to attract as many qualified foreign workers.
  • Quebec Entrepreneur Program – This Visa allows you to establish your own business in the province of Quebec.
  • Caregiver Visa – Through this visa, you can be sponsored as a live-in caregiver.

To answer this question, we have to know more about you and evaluate your specific case. As you can see above, there are various visas and programs available for immigration to Canada.

Depending on your specific details and requirements, our experienced Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) will evaluate your profile during the initial assessment process. They will recommend the best immigration route suited to you and your family. Upon completing the assessment, the RCIC will help you prepare and submit the required applications for your immigration to Canada.

It has implemented in early 2015. This innovative process is a system where skilled workers can become permanent residents in Canada by entering a pool of candidates. Based on qualifications, work experience, age, and various other factors, applicants are awarded points and then possibly selected from the pool by prospective employers.

Those individuals entering the pool of candidates must be eligible for one of the immigration programs, including the Federal Skilled Worker Program, the Federal Skilled Trades Class, Canadian Experience Class, or the Provincial Nominee Program. The Government of Canada and Canadian employers can select candidates from this pool and issue them an “Invitation to Apply” for one of the above immigration programs.

The Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is a points-based system used to assess and score a candidate’s profile to rank them in the Express Entry pool. The following criteria assess candidates:

  • Skills
  • Work experience
  • Language ability
  • Education and other factors

The Canadian government charges different fees for the submission of applications. That is not unique to the Canadian government, as many countries require application fees to be paid to the governing authority. The fees can range from being only a few hundred to thousands of dollars. Depending on which visa program you are applying for, your family size and age (fees for children are lower than for adults). Payment is usually made when you send in your application and documents. Still, it depends on the specific visa or program. You can pay the fee by credit card, bank draft, check, or money order in Canadian dollars.

An important point to note is that government fees are nonrefundable. That is why it is so vitally important to ensure your application is submitted correctly, with accurate information, and at the correct time. Failure to do so will likely result in your application being denied, meaning you will lose any fees paid to the Canadian government. Our agents do their best to ensure that our client’s applications are submitted correctly, increasing the chances of a successful application.

Professional immigration service’s fees depend on your specific case, along with various factors such as:

  • The visa you applied for
  • Your family size
  • The complexity of your case
  • Your economic situation

In some cases, the RCIC (under discretion) may agree on a more convenient payment plan tailored to the client’s financial situation.

Applying for a visa can take time. Once all the required documents, forms, and applications have been submitted, it usually takes up to eighteen months to complete the process, and in some cases, even more. We should always be aware of the differences between the types of visas, the specific Canadian immigration office that processes your application (processing time can vary between offices across Canada), and other factors that can significantly affect the process. You should also be aware that the processing time can only be estimated and can change without further notice, under the Canadian government’s sole discretion.

Express Entry is the exception to the above. The Canadian government aims to process applications much faster, with processing times starting to finish within six months.

The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) is an amount that each applicant and his common-law partner must pay to get a Permanent Resident Visa. The fee is in the range of hundreds of Canadian dollars, and in the case of children, the requirement to pay the fee depends on their age. This fee is different from other governmental fees. Even if you are already in Canada, as an applicant, you are required to pay this fee. Please bear in mind that the Canadian legislature constantly changes government fees.

Canada considers children to be dependent if they are under 19 years of age and are single.

You are more than welcome to include any family member, even those who will eventually decide not to immigrate with you. By adding family members to your application, you provide them with a chance for a visa in the future.

That depends. There are points awarded to close relatives if they are citizens or permanent residents. These have to be first-degree relatives, such as parents and siblings, or second-degree relatives, such as grandparents and grandchildren. In any case, it is essential to study the details of your specific case and evaluate your status.

Canada is a very open and advanced country. Here, same-sex marriage is recognized and legalized. Canada does not place restrictions on same-sex marriage when it comes to immigration applicants. However, the marriage must be officially recognized by the country that certified the marriage.

As a rule, you must undergo medical examinations to apply for a visa. The Canadian government takes excellent care of its people and wishes to discourage any burden on its medical system. Therefore, applicants are required to undergo medical exams.

If you have any healthcare issues, you are required to disclose them.

The Police Clearance Certificate is a requirement for all applicants aged 18 and above. The certificate is dependent on each country, as is the process of obtaining it.

The law requires such a certificate from every country in which the applicant lived for over six months. It is a requirement that you should fulfill to get a permanent resident or work permit visa.

First, you should be aware that not all applicants are interviewed. If you are invited to an interview, it is usually to examine and assess the reliability of the documents and information you have submitted to the government.

You will be required to present a coherent and honest case to convince the officials of your truthfulness.

Your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) is based on the following factors:

  • Provincial Nomination
  • An offer of employment
  • Core capital factors
  • Your common-law partner or spouse
  • Skill transferability
  • Previous Canadian study experience
  • Siblings in Canada; and
  • French and English Ability

Provincial Nomination (600 Points)

600 points are awarded for an enhanced Nominee certificate from a province in Canada through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP).

Job Offers (50-600 Points)

A Canadian job offer will also earn you points; the number of points is based on the NOC level of the particular job.

Core Human Capital Factors (600 Points)

These take into account your level of education, for example

  • Certificate
  • Diploma
  • Degree

If you intend to gain higher qualifications, your score will increase. This same point system would apply to your legal partner or spouse if you applied together.

Language (150 Points)

Improving your language skills in either English or French through a recognized Canadian institution can also raise your CRS score.

Work Experience

The more experience you have, the more points you earn. That also applies to your legal partner or spouse.

You must:

Meet all the requirements of the:

  • Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC)
  • Federal Skilled Trades Class
  • Canadian Experience Class

You must register with the Canadian Job Bank within 30 days unless:

  • You have arranged employment from a Canadian employer
  • you have received a nomination through the Provincial Nominee Program

You must have a Labour Market Impact Assessment to earn Comprehensive Ranking System points unless you:

  • Have worked full time for an employer with a work permit for a least one year (or a part-time job for an equal amount of time)
  • Have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer that is for at least one year in duration
  • Have a valid employer-specific temporary work permit-exempt under code R204 (a), (c) or R205

If you qualify for any Federal Programs, you have 30 days from submitting your profile to complete the rest of the requirements, like registering with the Job Bank. If you do not, your Express Entry profile could not be approved.

There are three programs to apply for under Express Entry:

  • Skilled Federal Worker Program (SFWP)
  • Skilled Federal Trades Program (SFTP)
  • Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

The following factors affect your eligibility:

Work Experience

You must:

  • Have gained relevant work experience for a job listed in the National Occupation Classification (NOC). Note: Work experience gained in another occupation you have not applied for does not apply
  • I have gained work experience in the past 10 years
  • Have received payment for your work
  • Have a job at skill level 0, A or B
  • Have a year’s worth of work experience (minimum 1,560 hours)
  • Prove that your work experience fits the requirements of the NOC

Language Ability

You must:

  • Meet the minimum language level set by the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)
  • Take a language proficiency test that IRCC approves
  • You must meet the language requirements for either French or English
  • Your language test results must not be more than two years old when you apply.


You must:

  • Have completed Canadian secondary education; and a tertiary certificate, diploma, or degree
  • Have completed foreign credentials
  • Have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) approved by IRCC

Proof of Funds

You must prove you can support yourself and your family financially, unless:

  • You are working in Canada
  • you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer

Additional Factors to Be Considered

  • Age
  • Valid job offers
  • Adaptability